The kinds of personal information we collect and hold
In dealing with you we may collect personal information including your name, address, date of birth, telephone numbers, email address and driver's license number.
How we collect and hold personal information
Generally, we collect personal information directly from you, when you contact or deal with us. We also collect personal information from third parties, for example finance or insurance companies providing related services to you.
We protect this information in a number of ways. It is kept in secure locations, and access to it is restricted to those who have the appropriate authorization under our policies. Where we share the information with third parties we ensure they also have appropriate policies and security in place. When the information is no longer required, it is de-identified, deleted, or securely destroyed.
How we use and disclose personal information
We collect and use your personal information for a number of reasons, including:
- To enable us to properly respond to your request about purchasing a vehicle, parts, service or repair, finance or insurance.
- To provide you with information about products or offers.
- To enable us to arrange for you things like vehicle registration, finance or insurance.
- To contact you in the event of a vehicle recall or program or any warranty matters.
- To maintain records for accounting, administrative and legal requirements.
- To provide your details to the vehicle manufacturer for warranty purposes or to conduct customer satisfaction surveys.
- For other purposes related to your dealings with us.
Personal information submitted via this website
How you may access your personal information
You may access your personal information by contacting us. You can contact the Croydon Toyota staff member you usually deal with, or email us at email@example.com to make this request. We will then arrange with you a convenient time and means for you to have access.
If at any time you believe that any personal information of yours that we hold is incorrect, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and advise us of the correct information, and we will amend our records.
How you may make a privacy complaint
If you have a complaint about the way we hold or use your personal information, please contact us at email@example.com, stating your concern, and how you would like your complaint resolved. We will investigate your complaint and respond to you with our findings and our proposed action, within 30 days. In the event you are dissatisfied with the outcome of the complaint of the investigation, you may refer your complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
Transfer of personal information overseas
Croydon Toyota may disclose personal information (including credit information) to third parties such as Toyota Motor Corporation Australia Limited, and to overseas recipients in order to provide their products and/or services, and for administrative or other management purposes.
Our business is affiliated with other businesses located overseas, such as vehicle manufacturers and original equipment manufacturers. In the course of doing business with you, we are likely to disclose some of your personal information to overseas recipients. However, we will only do so where:
- it is necessary to complete the transaction you have entered into; and
- you have provided consent; or
- we believe on reasonable grounds that the overseas recipient is required to deal with your personal information by enforceable laws which are similar to the requirements under the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs); or
- it is otherwise permitted by law.
While it is not practicable to list every country in which such recipients may be located, recipients of such disclosures is likely to include countries where the parent company of our franchises exist, such as Japan and Germany.
Links to Other Sites
This site contains links to other Websites. We are not responsible for the Privacy Policies of other sites.
Croydon Toyota is part of the OneToyota network of Toyota organisations in Australia (each a OneToyota organisation), comprising:
- authorised Toyota dealers in Australia;
- Toyota Motor Corporation Australia Limited;
- Toyota Finance Australia Limited;
- Aioi Nissay Dowa Insurance Company Australia Pty Ltd trading as Toyota Insurance; and
- Toyota Western Australia (comprising Prestige Motors Pty Ltd as trustee for the Prestige Toyota Unit Trust and Eastpoint Pty Ltd).
Croydon Toyota and other OneToyota organisations collect and share with each other customer and guest information, including data collected from Connected Services, to provide you an integrated OneToyota guest experience, such as allowing you to be known across the network regardless of which OneToyota organisation you deal with and to provide you with products, services, information and assistance, respond to your enquiries and help keep your information up to date. Your information may be disclosed to OneToyota network service providers in Australia and overseas for these purposes.
If your vehicle is fitted with Connected Services functionality, your vehicle will collect and transmit vehicle data for Connected Services unless and until you opt out of Connected Services. Connected Services operate by using data collected from you and your Toyota connected vehicle, including your personal information and vehicle location.
If your vehicle's Connected Services functionality is enabled, you must inform passengers and drivers of your vehicle that vehicle data is collected, held, used and disclosed by OneToyota organisations for Connected Services.
OneToyota organisations may send you marketing to inform you about products or services, special offers, promotions and events that may be of interest to you. These marketing communications may include joint promotions with promotion partners, and may be sent to you using any contact details provided by you, such as post, phone, email or SMS.
Your consent to receive marketing from a OneToyota organisation will be deemed to be ongoing if you do not opt out when you are offered the opportunity to do so, or unless and until you advise the relevant organisation otherwise.
Changes to our policy
Our Contact details are:
Address: 35 Hewish Road, Croydon, VIC 3136
Phone: (03) 9725 5555